Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Letting go....



Thus says the LORD, who makes a way in the sea, a path in the mighty waters, “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing: now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?”

~Isaiah 43:16, 18-19


First of all, I would like to apologize for not posting yesterday as I had promised. I was so caught up with what was left of the holidays that I had no time to post.

Well, anyway, this is my first post for the new year. And I want to stick with my resolution to post at least once a week. So, here I go....

Today I received some news that kinda made me upset. It shouldn't make me upset, but it still does. I tried to shake of the sadness I felt but just remembering it makes me sad now.

This is something that I should have left behind with the old year. Its something that has been eating me up on the inside for the past five years. And yet I hold on to it, afraid of letting go. I know that healing begins when I let go and allow God's love to take control. But I am just afraid of letting go, I guess because there is comfort in the old and fear of something new that I have never known before.

The quote from Isaiah at the beginning of this post has brought some comfort to me today. I am clinging to this verse over the next few days, trusting Him for something better this year, of which I have no way of seeing with mortal eyes, but which is taking shape behind the scenes.

Tonight I am choosing to let this go, to put it away from thought and to embrace the future with hope...God has something better in store for me, more than I could ever dream or imagine. I can't wait to see His goodness take tangible form in my life...

I hope this new year is better for you than last year. :)

No comments: