Well, 2007 is coming to an end. I feel like it was only yesterday when I was welcoming 2007 and saying farewell to 2006. A year ago around this time, I was enjoying my winter break and looking forward to starting school again Jan 2 at Houston Baptist University. I was looking forward to seeing my friends again, and enjoying my life as a college student.
This time, things are different. I have to wait until Jan 14 to go back to school. I am at a different school, in a different learning environment with different people. I don't have alot of friends at this new school, so I have any close friends to talk to and share with yet. I live by myself on campus, so my apartment gets pretty lonely. Just me, my books, my laptop and, on course, my facebook account where I can communicate with the friends I have at HBU.
Sounds kinda depressing, but I am challenging myself to see this at a different perspective. Sure, I don't have alot of friends, I feel lonely most of the time...but now I have more time to do schoolwork, more time to think about things, more time to enjoy being on my own. I am learning not to take friendship for granted. Most importantly, I am learning to find my identity in God.
For the past five years, my sense of feeling loved came from having friends to turn to when I needed them.
Now that these friends are no longer in my life (at least, as often as I would want them to be in my life), I feel like I have no other human being to turn too.
Instead, this unpleasent circumstance is leading me to turn to God more.
I am starting to see God as my Best Friend, the only one who is really there when everyone and everything fails. He is my Husband, the one who pursues me, who loved me first, takes care of me, protects me and keeps me as the apple of His eye. God is truly my all-in-all...my everything in every circumstance.
Now that I am starting to reach out more to God, I am starting to see that I am not alone. I am not an isolated human being at a big, state university. I am a child of God, and God is taking care of me and bringing good into my life, just like he did at HBU. God is the fount of every blessing, and I am truly blessed because I trust in his infinite, sustaining Love.
So my most important New Years resolution is to make my relationship to God a priority. To satisfy my need for love and affection in God. And, to let go of past relationships (especially the ones that didn't work) and place myself in God's hands. I hope that this will be a priority in your life, whoever reads this blog. Remember that God loves you. Nothing can make God love you less. God's love is the only certain thing that you can count on. So embrace it, receive it, bask in it, LIVE in it. :)
Oh, and one more thing...I think that this is going to be my last post for the year. I have not been consistent in posting on this blog. So...one of my New Year resolutions is to make it a habit to post to this thing AT LEAST once a week...I know, doesn't sound like much, but this is a baby step. I will try to post for more than once a week, but this is a goal that is reachable for me. So, I will resume blogging on Jan 1. I am eliminating my older postings and I even changed the template...I hope you like it.
I wish you all a Happy New Year... :)
In God's Love,
Magdiel
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
God bless you Magdiel!
Here's to an inspired 2008...
L
@}-->--
Post a Comment