"Trials are proofs of God's care."
~Mary Baker Eddy
Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures
66:10
So far, my family and I had a rough start to the new year. My dad got into a car accident about a week ago. It turns out that the car has been declared a "total loss" by the insurance company, which is a nicer way to say that they won't pay for repairs to the car. For the past few days, I had to help him deal with the insurance company, which has been a big pain. I was sick for a week. I also had to deal with financial aid issues for school. And a host of other issues that I would rather not discuss in this blog.
With the Bible as my source of comfort and Mrs. Eddy as my spiritual mentor, however, I have been able to remain calm and peaceful through these circumstances. In fact, I see the blessings in my life more than the negatives. My dad left the car accident unharmed. The financial aid issues have been resolved. And although I got sick for a week, I lost some weight, so I feel thinner (although it would help more if I exercised and maintained a healthier diet). Each day, I had to make an effort to turn away from my mortal perceptions about myself and my situation and realize that I live, move and have my being in Him.
I am realizing that I am not just a mortal, subject to random circumstances. I am a child of God, created in the image and likeness of Divine Love. God has a plan for me. I can't wait to see it unfold before my eyes.

No comments:
Post a Comment