I read in The Daily Cougar that Cougar Place will be torn down around August 2009 and will be replaced with another dormitory.
Apparently the apartment complex was not made to last more than 15 years. Cougar Place was built in 1981, which means that this place has been around for about 27 years. That is WAY MORE than the amount of time the complex was supposed to last. And it shows...Cougar Place has alot of problems and needs alot of renovations.
I was actually forced to live here. I applied late for housing, and there were no more rooms in any of the dormitories or apartments on campus. So, they place me in temporary housing in Moody Towers. I hated it there and I hated the community bathrooms. Luckily, I was reassigned to Cougar Place.
And Cougar Place has been a blessing to me. Its right across the street from my classes and the A.D. Bruce Religion Center. I am not forced to buy a meal plan. I have ALOT of privacy, and the people here are generally nice. And let us not forget that it is pretty economical compared to the dorms and apartments.
If they build another dormitory here, the only thing I am worried about is losing the privacy, the freedom of having my own apartment, and having to buy a meal plan (I do not like the cafeteria food here, ick).
So, if they tear down this place, I might move to Couhln Lofts, which is geared to professional and graduate students. It will be close to Melcher Hall, so I will be living around Business majors. However, its a longer walk to my classes. Which I do not like either.
Oh well, personally I like Cougar Place because of convenience, that is it. Its sad to see this place go, but I think its for the best. I will lose alot of the benefits of living here, but I think I would like living in Couhln Lofts (I don't know if that is spelled correctly, I apologize for any misspellings). I like the idea of living in a loft, even though it will cost a lot more. And I think I will only be living there for about a year, since I am planning to get my PH.D somewhere else. I shall see what happens. God always has something good in store, and I can't wait to see his plan unfold for my life :)
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment