
“Yet even now, says the LORD, return to me with all of your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; rend your hearts and not your clothing. Return to the LORD, your God, for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast Love, and relents from punishing…I will repay you for the years that the swarming locust has eaten…You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied and praise the name of the LORD your God…You shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I, the LORD, am your God and there is no other…Then afterwards I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions.”
~Joel 2:12-13, 25-28
~Joel 2:12-13, 25-28
If you are interested in learning more about Ash Wednesday and the Lenten season, there are resources on the web that you can check out for more information:
http://www.elca.org/communication/lentresources.html
May this Lenten season prove to be a time of reflection and drawing closer to the Divine.
Magdiel

No comments:
Post a Comment